Sat May 29: Riverton CT, 10am - 2pm
Sunday May 30: New Milford CT, 10am- 2pm
Friday May 28: Simsbury CT, 3pm - 6pm
Shepherd of the Hills Church, 7 Wescott Road, Simsbury CT
Saturday May 29: location Riverton CT, 10am - 2pm
13 Riverton Road, Barkhamsted CT (large field across from Riverton Fair Grounds).
- PRE-ORDER recommended.
- However this location (and only this location) will also have last minute add-ons available for purchase to the public, a few "surprises" out of the greenhouse, weather permitting a free table of herb books and gently used tea making supplies AND one free passionflower plant for any order $50 and over (while supplies last.)
- The Riverton location is also ideal to "make a day of it" with shopping historic Hitchcock Chair Company, local Orchard Hill Bakery or Riverton General Store for lunch or snack options, picnicking or relaxing along the Wild and Scenic designated Farmington River, local hiking trails, and more!
Sunday May 30: Twin Star Herb School "The Silo" location, New Milford CT, 10am- 2pm
44 Upland Road, New Milford "Hunt Hill Farm" CT
- Plant sale ongoing at the same time as Twin Star Herb Day from 10-3pm. This is an outdoor activity, and weather dependent. In the event of heavy rainfall, the Twin Star Herb Day will be canceled, but NOT the plant sale unless unsafe conditions present (tornado, lightening, zombies etc)
- 10am-12pm Blanket Barter Bazaar: bring a blanket and your herbal and creative goods and join us for a Blanket Barter Bazaar. This is an opportunity to bring your homemade herbal products, crafts, art, or even jewelry, baskets, crystals, books, cards etc that you think others may appreciate to BARTER and TRADE with each other. The focus here is to center on connecting through trading, and not exchanging money.
- 12-1pm Planting Medicinal Seedlings in the Kitchen Garden: bring a trowel or a hori hori and help Lupo and the Twin Star crew plant some new medicinal herbs and plants in the Silo Kitchen Garden. Want to get crafty? We will have plant signs for the garden to paint and color in! Hand sanitizer, paints, brushes and signs provided.
- 1-2pm Plant ID walk at the Silo with Brandi: grab your field guides and curious minds and join herbalist Brandi Solomon for a fun plant identification walk on the farm property.
- 2-3pm Singing Circle: Join Lupo, Linda and the Twin Star community in a singing circle as we Sing songs about the earth, the goddess, the plants and more! No experience necessary. Bring rattles or drums if you want! Lyric sheets will be available.
- Choose the correct date and the corresponding location where you wish to pick up your seedlings. Each day is at a different location so please pay attention to this when starting your order. Ordering opens Wednesday May 19 at 6pm. Ordering closes Thursday 5/27 noon for Simsbury location and Friday 5/28 6pm for Riverton and New Milford locations.
- Place your order for seedlings under the "SHOP" tab. VERY IMPORTANT: IF YOU DO NOT GET AN EMAIL REPLY WITH YOUR ORDER, THEN IT DID NOT "GO-THROUGH".
- CASH or CHECK ONLY. No credit cards. Checks made to "Melody Wright" is preferred, cash accepted (try to bring exact change.)
- Once orders are placed there are NO changes or cancelations. However if you want to ADD to the order at a later date, you can place a new second order that will get bundled together (feel free to note this in the "comments" section).
- Please take the time to check your seedlings at the time of pick up to make sure the order is correct and all plants look healthy/to your liking. The time to address any concerns is at the pick-up please :) It has been a cold spring so far, so many plants are on the small side. I do my best to reflect the size in the description and/or photos on the pre-order page.
- When planting your seedlings, you are encouraged to water, then water, then water some more before planting.
- The majority of plants are in "Fertil" pots which are organic growing approved wood pulp, and are designed to be compostable/plantable. Please do make sure that if you do opt to plant the pot with the seedling, that the top is not above ground (you may even want to gently tear away any excess material.)
- Please bring sturdy crate, boxes or other way to carry your seedlings home.
- I am gladly accepting back small 3-6 " square intact reusable plastic pots as well as plastic seedling flats. If you would like to recycle back, please have stacked and in a box or bag you can leave with me. NO round or big pots please. Please use your judgment and don't just dump trash pots or giant pots on me cause you feel bad that they cant be recycled :)
- Please wear a face mask as a courtesy to others since some areas may be crowded.
- Sales happen rain or shine unless unsafe weather conditions present (tornado/lightening/zombies etc)
- Please wear study shoes as all locations are outside venues, especially at Riverton, as the ground is uneven with hazards present.
- All our plants are grown with love and our seeds are from sources that have taken the safe-seed pledge or are otherwise reliable. However, if harvesting for culinary or medicinal purposes it is still YOUR responsibility to ensure proper identification as other adventurous seeds and weed seeds CAN and DO make their way into potting soil, neighboring seedling flats and pots, and garden beds. Any information presented here or during the sale is not intended to diagnosis, prevent, cure or treat any medical condition nor make any medical claims about the safety or efficacy of herbs.
- Any previous Pleasant Valley Botanicals CSA member receives one free seedling (your choice). Just place on your order and I will subtract the highest cost plant.
- Also if there was something sold out that you were interested in, please feel free to list in the "comments" section. There are definitely plants that I can still pot up more off if there is enough demand. This will help me know so I can add to the inventory or do a second sale in June.