PLANT SALE: Medicinal and culinary herbs and flowers pollinators love......
One weekend only!!! Fri June 1, Sat June 2 and Sun June 3
| || |
** A hummingbird favorite
- Walk in the Woods in Winsted, CT. There will be the widest selection of seedlings and Farmer Melody will be there to answer any questions during the main seedling sale Saturday June 2 from 2-4 pm. However plants will be available for purchase Saturday and Sunday from 11 am - 4 pm. For more information about this location: Walk in the Woods LLC
- Twin Star Herbal Apothecary in New Milford, CT. There will be the widest selection of seedlings and Farmer Melody will be there to answer any questions during the main seedling sale Saturday June 2 from 10 am -12:30 pm. For more information about this location: Twin Star
- Kick off this pollinator weekend by joining Walk in the Woods Herbal Parlor Friday June 1 from 6:30-8pm. In addition to this lovely gathering, Farmer Melody will give a brief introduction to some of her favorite plants for pollinators, and there will be a seedling sale at the end of Herbal Parlor. For more information about this location: Walk in the Woods LLC
- The Nitty Gritty.....
- Unless otherwise indicated, all seedlings are 5/$20 or 1/$5 (includes sales tax). You can mix and match any size and species. CASH OR CHECK ONLY PLEASE!
- You are strongly encouraged to bring a cardboard box or flat to travel home with your new friends. Pleasant Valley Botanicals is pro-recycling, and you will see a hodgepodge of plant containers in our attempts to minimize the use of disposable "six-pack" planters. We will gladly take back our and others' small (2-6") reusable plant pots at future events!
- The above plant list is for informational purposes only, and not a guarantee of the availability of any specific plant. There are also a few friends (Arnica, Echinacea, Lavender, Culver's Root, Passionflower and more) that are not yet ready to come out of the greenhouse. Sign up for the mailing list if you might be interested in an end of summer perennial plant sale.
- Any previous Pleasant Valley Botanicals CSA member receives one free seedling (your choice) just for stopping by- no purchase necessary.
- All our plants are grown with love and our seeds are from sources that have taken the safe-seed pledge or are otherwise reliable (*). However, if harvesting for culinary or medicinal purposes it is still YOUR responsibility to ensure proper identification as other adventurous seeds and weed seeds CAN and DO make their way into potting soil, neighboring seedling flats and pots, and garden beds (**). Any information presented here or during the sale is not intended to diagnosis, prevent, cure or treat any medical condition nor make any medical claims about the safety or efficacy of herbs.
- For more information or questions, you can email thru the contacts page or ask to be put on Pleasant Valley Botanicals' email list.
** For example, it is beyond me why an Echinacea seedling popped up in the Milkweed tray. If something similar were to happen once they are in your garden, you need to be able to identify the plants 110% before consuming in any way.